As the baby-boom generation retires and ages, they are not only vacating positions, but also creating increasing demand for healthcare services. Additionally, critical public health issues such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and obesity have grown the medical field as we strive to create a healthier America. Eight of the top 20 fastest growing professions are in the healthcare industry, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. A job in healthcare is a both a short-term opportunity and a long-term career.
Make an Impact on People's lives:
Every day you will touch people's lives, in some way. Whether it's saving a life, bringing a new one into the world in our maternity department, or helping a patient to understand and manage their health better, the interactions you have make the world a healthier, better place. You may be in a role that interacts with patients all the time, or as a team player behind the scenes – in both cases, we need your skills to come together to save lives.
A variety of types of opportunities:
Hospitals and Medical Centers are complex, dynamic places that depend on the variety of skills brought by many different people to run well. As part of a multifaceted team, your skills are important. There are positions at hospitals for all education and experience levels, with room to grow. Hospitals operate 24/7, so there are opportunities for shifts at all hours. A hospital needs not only doctors and nurses (and we do need those!) but also nursing assistants, a variety of types of technicians, occupational and physical therapists, administrative and reception support, maintenance workers, security officers, data entry specialists, and more. You don't have to be a doctor to support a hospital that provides care for your community.
Every day at a hospital is different. New patients, new situations, and new technologies and advances in medicine we can use to help them. The medical field is ever-changing. Whether you'd prefer the fast action of an Emergency Department or something more routine, when a life is on the line, the whole team is called into action. Each patient brings new experiences, and sometimes new challenges. Each patient is treated as an individual. You'll have the opportunity to learn new things constantly, growing with your career.
Why PRIME Healthcare?
In addition to all of the reasons that make health care such an exciting field, we believe that working at Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island, a Prime Healthcare Services Hospital, is even more special.
- Prime Healthcare is a physician-led company, and we value our relationships with doctors and medical staff.
- Many of our hospital leadership teams are doctors or nurses, and have been promoted from within.
- Hospitals are filled with people that want to care for others. You'll be part of a team that cares about what they do, and who they work with. Here at Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island we strive for excellence, not only in clinical measures, but also in providing a compassionate environment.
- Prime Healthcare was named a "Top 15 Health System" in the nation by Thomson Reuters, and is dedicated to providing excellent care.
- Prime Healthcare is growing quickly, affording new opportunities in a variety of locations, with a strong future ahead of us.