Occupational Health, provides a total approach to prevention and treatment
of injury and to help employees return to work as soon as possible. Our
goals are to help your business increase worker productivity, reduce expenses,
and decrease healthcare costs.
Landmark Medical Center - Hospital Plaza
176 Cass Avenue
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
HOURS OF OPERATION:
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Appointments may be made before and after normal hours when requested.
Your injured workers may be evaluated seamlessly after hours, seven days
a week, in the Emergency Department of Landmark Medical Center's Woonsocket Unit.
- Management of the Injured Worker - with special attention to the specific
injury as it relates to work environment.
- Acute Injury and Follow-Up Care
- Post-Offer (to identify suitable employees for your workplace)
- Medical Surveillance (for lead, asbestos, etc.)
- Periodic Medical Examinations
- Fitness for Duty Examinations
- Second-Opinion Examinations
- Annual and Exit Physicals
- Department of Transportation Physicals
- Back-to-Work Physical
- Audiometric Testing (OSHA Certified)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (NIOSH Certified)
- Immunizations and Phlebotomy Services
- Workplace Site Visits
- On-Site Screening Programs
- NIDA and Urine Drug Screens
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Respirator Fit Testing
(All services available on-site when requested.)
Occupational Health provides a rehabilitation program dedicated to returning
the injured employee to the workplace. Our interdisciplinary team approach
includes the worker, physician, case manager, physical therapist, occupational
therapist, employer, and family members.
of Worker's Rehab Program:
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy services for the acutely injured employee,
focusing on strength, flexibility, mobility, coordination, and work-related
- Individualized Work Conditioning and/or Work Hardening services consisting
of physical rehabilitation, work simulation, and body-mechanics education,
in order to maximize functional capabilities and prepare the worker to
resume specific job tasks.
- Ergonomic and Job Analysis services to prevent future injuries and return
the employee to his/her former workplace. Therapists will assess the physical
relationship of the equipment to the employee, identify risk factors,
and recommend possible solutions or modifications.
- Comprehensive Assessment of functional work-related capabilities to use
as a baseline for treatment or to determine return-to-work guidelines.
The results of a Work Capacity Evaluation can predict an employee's
ability to safely perform job-specific activities.
- Pre-placement Back Screenings
- Psychological Evaluation & Counseling
- Vocational Counseling
- Hand Safety Education
- Back Safety Education
Established in 1983, Landmark Occupational Health continues to meet the
needs of more than 150 businesses in northern Rhode Island and southeastern
Massachusetts. Our professional staff will support your business through
the challenging requirements of OSHA standards and the Worker's Compensation
system. As your business partner, we can help keep your workforce and
your company in good health.
For more information about Occupational Health, please call (401) 767-1594.