Occupational Health, providedÂ through Landmark Medical Center, provides
a total approach to prevention and treatment of injury and to help employees
return to work as soon as possible. Our goals are to help your business
increase worker productivity, reduce expenses, and decrease healthcare costs.
Landmark Medical Center - Fogarty Unit
(on the campus of the Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island)
116 Eddie Dowling Highway,
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
HOURS OF OPERATION:
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Appointments may be made before and after normal hours when requested.
Your injured workers may be evaluated seamlessly after hours, seven days
a week, in the Emergency Department ofÂ Landmark Medical Center's
- Management of the Injured Worker - with special attention to the specific
injury as it relates to work environment
- Acute Injury and Follow-Up Care
- Post-Offer (to identify suitable employees for your workplace)
- Medical Surveillance (for lead, asbestos, etc.)
- Periodic Medical Examinations
- Fitness for Duty Examinations
- Second-Opinion Examinations
- Annual and Exit Physicals
- Department of Transportation Physicals
- Back-to-Work Physical
- Audiometric Testing (OSHA Certified)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (NIOSH Certified)
- Immunizations and Phlebotomy Services
- Workplace Site Visits
- On-Site Screening Programs
- NIDA and Urine Drug Screens
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Respirator Fit Testing
(All services available on-site when requested.)
In association with RHRI, Occupational Health provides a rehabilitation
program dedicated to returning the injured employee to the workplace.
Our interdisciplinary team approach includes the worker, physician, case
manager, physical therapist, occupational therapist, employer, and family members
of Worker's Rehab Program:
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy services for the acutely injured employee,
focusing on strength, flexibility, mobility, coordination, and work-related
- Individualized Work Conditioning and/or Work Hardening services consisting
of physical rehabilitation, work simulation, and body-mechanics education,
in order to maximize functional capabilities and prepare the worker to
resume specific job tasks.
- Aquatic Therapy focuses on improving flexibility, strength, endurance,
cardiovascular condition, and functional mobility. Aquatic Therapy is
often done in conjunction with a land-based program.
- Ergonomic and Job Analysis services to prevent future injuries and return
the employee to his/her former workplace. RHRI therapists will assess
the physical relationship of the equipment to the employee, identify risk
factors, and recommend possible solutions or modifications.
- Comprehensive Assessment of functional work-related capabilities to use
as a baseline for treatment or to determine return-to-work guidelines.
The results of a Work Capacity Evaluation can predict an employee's
ability to safely perform job-specific activities.
- Pre-placement Back Screenings
- Psychological Evaluation & Counseling
- Vocational Counseling
- Hand Safety Education
- Back Safety Education
Established in 1983, Landmark Occupational Health continues to meet the
needs of more than 150 businesses in northern Rhode Island and southeastern
Massachusetts. Our professional staff will support your business through
the challenging requirements of OSHA standards and the Worker's Compensation
system. As your business partner, we can help keep your workforce and
your company in good health.
For more information about Occupational Health, please call (401) 769-2200,
Ext. 5400 or 5336.